Auditing Schedule

Can anyone recommend a good auditing schedule for a Donor Center. Right now, I'm auditing every part of the Donor Center every month! It's a lot of work and I'm starting think it's really not productive. I would like to change to a more rotational audit schedule, but not sure how.

If anyone could share their yearly auditing schedule, I would really appreciate it. Basically, I am looking to know how often you perform your audits. Do you do certain procedures quarterly, monthly? etc.

Thanks

stephanie

Audit schedules need to be customized to each site, since the scope, equipment, personnel, past problems, etc differ substantially. How extensive the audits will need to be will also depend on the facility and its history.

We use the AABB Techniocal Manual recommendations and the manufacturer's documentation as the starting point, then progress to a point where most of us can sleep well at night. We revisit the schedule annually with the QP review.

Perhaps a better definition of "everything" would help. For example, I review employee training files annually, but QC and equipment records get audited daily.