Keeping donor records

How long should one keep donor registration/health history forms before they can be destroyed? I know AABB says 10 years, but I thought that FDA had a different number.

Can you point me to the FDA and or New York State DOH standards? Thanks

What I found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CRF), section 606.160 (near the end of the section):

Records shall be retained for such interval beyond the expiration date for the blood or blood component as necessary to facilitate the reporting of any unfavorable clinical reactions. The retention period shall be no less than 5 years after the records of processing have been completed or 6 months after the latest expiration date for the individual product, whichever is a later date. When there is no expiration date, records shall be retained indefinitely.

However, I am not with a collection facility, so I hope you hear some responses from experienced individuals in that group.