Horizon Safetrace

Hi Safetrace users

Does anyone know if it is possible to have Safetrace make it more difficult to issue Rh positive RBCs to Rh negative patients. Currently, with our version, the only thing we get is a warning box, not a mandatory over-ride. We would like to see an override at the Supervisor or Pathogist level. The slip also says this substitution is Compatable, which is not quite accurate, since permission is necessary to give Rh positive to Rh negative patients. All the other safeguards have given us a false sense of security.

Anything Can Happen.

Thanks

I think you misunderstood the thread. We are looking to make it more difficult to issue rh positive rbcs to rh negative patients in the computer. Although this would be quite an obvious thing not to do, the Horizon Safetrace allows it with only a warning that looks similar to the warning of giving rh negative blood to an rh positive patient, which may, in a rush or hurried situation, be a problem.

I am a SafeTrace user. Your question should be posed to the following user group:

SafeTrace Tx User Group (txug@www.wyndgate.com) Someone in your facility should be a member of it. I am sure you can set a higher level of alert. It would be in one of the tables which are able to be customized to your specifications. I will look into the tables and see what I can find.

Actually I'm quite certain I understood your thread and what you are trying to do. What I was pointing out was that if you require a supervisor or a pathologist to override something you need to have one with that ability on site 24/7 or your process will come to a screeching halt when you need it the most.

:nod:

You could change the Compatibility Attributes Maintenance table in the Control Panel to prohibit and require an override instead of just a warning. I would suggest contacting your SafeTrace Tx Support personel for the specific changes to make since that table is sometimes difficult to understand.