PRP not clear during the first spin

manojpm

Dear All,

I am from Kerala, India. My problem is as follows.

Some of the bags in my centrifuge does not give me a RBC free PRP during the first spin.

Other details. - Centrifugation - RCF=850g, 12 minutes, temp:22 DegreeC.

Bag - Terumo Penpol Triple Bag 450ml with SAGM.

we have been getting clear PRP for last six months, suddenly it has started giving trouble. But surprisingly only few of the bags give the problem, Not all the bags in the centrifuge ( Max.capacity 6 Bags). We ahve checked the rpm of the centrifuge and it is showing correct values as per the tachometer.

Any suggestions from members - could it be a equipment problem?:(

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

have you every tried to adjust the RCF of your ref centrifuge? or you just stick to speed of 850g?...our center the first spin for PRP is at spin of 1600 for 10 minutes of spin. there are instances we also experience the same presence of red cells in the plasma what we do is try to allow the red cells to settle for 30 minutes before we spin.

give some feedback if this will work

tonz

hi there,

have you every tried to adjust the RCF of your ref centrifuge? or you just stick to speed of 850g?...our center the first spin for PRP is at spin of 1600 for 10 minutes of spin. there are instances we also experience the same presence of red cells in the plasma what we do is try to allow the red cells to settle for 30 minutes before we spin.

give some feedback if this will work

tonz

Dear Redstaff,

Let me try and will inform you.

Bye Thanks.