Plasma Donation -- Wall of Fame --

I work for a plasma donation facility and have a new center opening up in May of '09 .

In some of the center we have the donors that reach 100, 200, 300 , donations , print sign the donors name on a star and hang it in the center then get a bonus , example 100 donations for a $100 bonus then they get "x" ... .trying to figure out something that would be good to give or put up in the center ...

However, I am looking for something a little more fun anyone have any ideas.let me know.

e-mail or post

inzerillo03@yahoo.com

Edited by inzerillo03

I think thats a good idea... so far i have been trying to get charities to send members to our center to donate plasma and it seems to be very hard ....with none of them really getting involved

I have talked to the Special olympics and United way :( So I am not sure how I feel about helping a charity that doesn't want to work with us does that make sense?

Also I am curious to know how do you all get the wendy's gift certificates or starbucks coffee or donuts for people who come in to donate blood , do you have to pay for them or are they donated ?

You mentioned that you are a plasma center. Are you a for-profit company that pays the individuals for their "donation"? If so, the recruitment, motivation and recognition approaches are likely to be very different than for an altruistic volunteer donor.

Generally, coffee/ doughnuts etc for people who donate comes out of the blood center budget. I have seen LOCAL places donate periodically. Trying to get National (Wendy's, Starbucks..) to donate is tough. It's usually easier to talk to a local store manager. Sometimes these are purchased (sometimes at reduces value), sometimes you bite the bullet for an incentive.

Have you considered a donation to the Global Blood Fund? This is a donation to help set up (safe) blood banks in developing countries. Oklahoma Blood Institute (www.obi.org) started this a few months ago, and about 1/3 of their donors now will forgo the "free t-shirt" in order to donate the equivalent amount to the blood fund.

It's a way for an altruistic person to double their donation power!!