Cerner Millenium and ProVue

Blood Bankers, Does anyone have a ProVue interfaced to a Cerner Millenium for transfusion services? We just received budget approval for the system but do not yet have a timeline in place for purchase or build. We've heard there are difficulties in interfacing ProVue with Millenium. Does anyone have any experience with this? Let me know, please, we have LOTS of questions!

Thanks,

Randy

Have you contacted Cerner reagrding this issue? You can check the Cerner BB community on Cerner.com

We are on Cerner Millennium and we are looking into the Provue and the Galileo, we have not decided which one to with yet.

If I have any Cerner questions, i usually poost them on the BB online community at Cerner.com, you will get lots of responses from Cerner users.

Blood Bankers, Does anyone have a ProVue interfaced to a Cerner Millenium for transfusion services? We just received budget approval for the system but do not yet have a timeline in place for purchase or build. We've heard there are difficulties in interfacing ProVue with Millenium. Does anyone have any experience with this? Let me know, please, we have LOTS of questions!

Thanks,

Randy

I'm not our prime Cerner person but I'll ask them. Since I'm a member of this group I thought I'd start here. From what I have heard there may be a problem with how the data is returned to Cerner from ProVue. It has to do with how ProVue joins the ABO and the RH that Cerner may not be able to separate ??? ... maybe. That's why I wanted to ask. I'll have our Millenium gurus contact Cerner to see. Thanks!

From what I have heard there may be a problem with how the data is returned to Cerner from ProVue. It has to do with how ProVue joins the ABO and the RH that Cerner may not be able to separate ??? ... maybe. That's why I wanted to ask. I'll have our Millenium gurus contact Cerner to see. Thanks!

I'm not the Cerner person in our BB, nor are we on Cerner Millineum, but we do have a ProVue interfaced to Cerner Classsic. The details would be different, but the two computer systems have similarities.

ProVue has an ABO interpretation and a Rh interpretation, while our Cerner system has an ABORh interpretation (Group A/ Rh Neg vs. Type A Neg). What we did was have the details crossover to Cerner (i.e. results of Anti-A, Anti-B, Anti-D, Ctrl, A1 cells, B cells) and then let Cerner make the interpretation. Maybe this will help some!