Unit ID barcodes

snvoh

Would anybody have advice for printing my own unit ID barcodes in the abc codabar format? I need to receive inventory for validation and training purposes and I'm having trouble finding a barcode generator that allows the use of letters in the barcode. I have a translation table for the letters at the beginning of the barcode and the start/stop characters. Our units are usually LL12345 or FX12345 etc...

Thanks for any ideas :confused:

What I didn't realize was that all of the translation for the letters takes place in the Blood Bank software (we are implementing HCLL). I was trying various barcode programs and online generators but the display was literal, just the numbers minus the start/stop characters. So d891100d would display as 891100. When I scanned into HCLL, it was translated as LN1100 - voila! I think the labels that come on our units must have text under the barcode, not just human readable?

Suzanne