Horizon Blood Bank software

Is anyone familiar with the Horizon Blood Bank software?. I have joined a blood bank that has pretty much decided to buy it, but I don't know much about it. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

We too have made the purchase - it is part of our hospital's overall "Enterprise" move to total McKesson. The package we bought is the Horizon Lab with Horizon Blood Bank by Wyndgate. You can go to Wyndgate's Home Page and learn about it. I am currently with Misys and LOVE it but had not choice in being allowed to keep it.

Hope this is helpful.

We are on Safetrace Tx which is the same system marketed directly by Wyndgate. Overall, we are happy with it. The major drawback is that it does not provide the kinds of reports needed for tracking blood bank statistics. To get that info, you must purchase (and learn to use) Crystal Reports or Cognos in addition to the Wyndgate software.

We are on Safetrace Tx which is the same system marketed directly by Wyndgate. Overall, we are happy with it. The major drawback is that it does not provide the kinds of reports needed for tracking blood bank statistics. To get that info, you must purchase (and learn to use) Crystal Reports or Cognos in addition to the Wyndgate software.

Could you expand more on the statistic report problems? We are currently looking at blood bank info systems and Wyndgate is in the mix. We currently have Hemocare and I have never liked the statistical reporting formats of Hemocare and would like to get a system that has better reports. What statistical report issues do you have with Wyndgate?

The built-in reports are good for inventory management - you can easily see what you have and how old it is. We have had to build reports to extract patient-related data, for example a report that details which patients were transfused in the last week and what blood products they received.

• 3 years later...

after we changed to a new system, I can tell you to do as much research as you possible can. and what is very important is how you implement your new system. much time may be needed for learning and validating

many people have trouble using a mouse or browsers with drop down menus

• 1 year later...