Hcll cts?

Hi all HCLL users. I too love HCLL and also would be the first to admit it is not perfect, but it has really helped around here. I am on the build team, so any upgrade or change I get my hands dirty. We are in the process of changing testing method (SP to Gel) and so my TTs must change. I am hoping to hear other users knowledge of the CTS system. I am at the Mother site and have three branches. One does most of the work up only sent here for reference, but the other two do no testing only shipping/receiving of samples and units, as well as issuing units. In your experience do the TT and validations need to be the same across the board no matter what testing is or is not performed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

We use HCLL in a shared database structure, 5 hospitals on one server. Each site did their own TT build and validation as their ABO/Rh and absc testing was a little bit different at each site.

Making them all the same is a great idea for those of us who maintain the system but in reality you need to look at what each individual site is doing and make your build assessment based on the testing that is performed at each site.

Good luck and happy validating!!

I would only validate the TT's at the sites that are actually performing testing. It would be easier for the team if all sites used the same TT so you could use that same validation scripts etc. I would think that the sites that only do receiving, issuing etc would only need to validate those functions when something in the upgrade release notes affects those areas. We just upgraded to 4.7.0 and have been on HCLL since 2007. We use the Provue. If you have any additional questions- just contact me.