Hi - this is Gordon from Austin, TX

Hi all,

My name is Gordon and I work for a firm (SmarteSoft, with an "e" in the middle) that specializes in automation of blood bank validation. We do the software validation automation under the guidance of those running the validation, using SmarteScript, and do not have the BB domain expertise ourselves.

We have helped enable automation of validation for users of MAK, Mediware, Haemonetics, Cerner, and perhaps some others I am unaware of. (Many of the automations are done by partners using our software, so we do not always know what blood bank software validation they are implementing)

We work with vendors, validation consulting firms, and blood bank staff, to either implement the automation for them or support them to do it themselves using our tools.

Our tools do not require scripting/programming skills and are gaining wide acceptance in the healthcare field beyond blood bank.

On a personal note, a big thankyou to the blood bank community. Members of my family have twice had need of blood transfusions, and they owe their lives to your work.

g.