ISBT and CERNER PPM

So we are still trying to muddle through the ISBT conundrum and I once again found a problem with Cerner classic and ISBT. (go figure:rolleyes:) My IT person tells me that multiple in house mnemonics cannot be assigned the same thaw code for ISBT. This is a problem since we are thawing individual cryo and then pooling it in Cerner using PPM and also receive pooled (5 units already pooled) of cryo from the ARC. We thaw the pooled in MOD and issue it...but in ISBT world they are both E5284 (thawed, pooled cryo). So...we are thinking that we can change our PPM to assign an ISBT number and then "pool" the pools we receive so that we can check all th barcodes using BLV, and the E5284 will be barcode readable. Is there any standard or reg out there that states we cannot assign a new unit number to already pooled cryo, since we can do a complete lookback if necessary?

• 1 year later...

our codabar pooled cryo is 10191---or--E3587V00--

per technical consultant at iccbba--we can use our cerner classic function -mod

and say it is E3591

we will not be stocking individual cryo even for our neonates because we cannot figure out our to PPM and label

good luck.