Cerner Millenium QC/Lot Maint Build

Has anyone built the QC and Lot Maintenance for Cerner Millenium Blood Bank/Transfusion Service?

Our consultants have not dealt with it before and cannot answer my questions. We are a multfaciity site that will be sharing the Cerner QC module. The guides say that the Lot Maintenance is not multifacility and security is maintained by naming conventions and service resource. I'm not sure exactly how that works. If I select Anti-A to our service resource, does that mean that the other site then can't use it-that I have to choose "ALL" service resource so that both sites can use it? How would we be able to distinguish between the 2 inventories? Can anyone who is multifacility and built this help me?

• 9 months later...

I know its not really an answer to your question, but we recently installed Cerner Millenium and were advised that the Cerner QC module doesn`t work very well and would be problematic for a multifacility like ours. And this advice came from the cerner person who helped to build our system! Good luck if you manage to make it work.