ECHO- just a question

Cornelia Kuehn

hi, evryone

just one question concerning emergency samples running on the Echo . If the machine is in a workprocess and you`ll run an emergency sample how long ( in worst case ) does it take until you`ll get the result of this sample? And what happend with the tests from the other patient did they get lost - in case of the interruption through the emergency sample

thank you for the answers:whisper:

Hi Cornelia-

In my experience, the longest it would take to get an emergency- "STAT" group and screen would be 22 minutes plus the remaining time on a Ready ID or Extend Panel.....so, it depends on what your run is comprised of when you put the stat on.

If you are running a batch of group screens, and then request the Stat, the ECHO will start the testing on your sample "next", in place of the subsequent routine sample it would have picked up if no STAT was requested. After the STAT has been begun, it returns to where it left off in the routine run. I have not as of yet lost any processing of routine samples due to "interruption" by a STAT. The one thing to note about the ECHO's timing is that the timing of the pick up of the next sample is dependent on where the previously started test run is in the sampling/testing process, because there is only one transport arm. Therefore, the timing is spaced between activities, controlled by the software such that the transport arm does not need to move multiple strip holders at the same time to different places, (such as the wash station at the same time it needs to move strip holders in the incubator or centrifuge).

Hope this helps and I wasn't too confusing........

Regards,

Linda

:redface: