patient blood managment, blood utilization software vendors

Mabel Adams

We most recently worked with Mediware, formerly know as SHG. Their product changed and did not meet our needs anymore, they have rebranded now and I don't remember their name. We moved to in-house reporting with Epic data feeds to Crystal reports. If you cannot do internal reporting, a company I recommend is Accumen. They are a growing company with longtime, well respected SME experts from several other former companies, including SHG. They also have great resources for standing up a PBM program and SME support and knowledge libraries.

Blu

Our cell salvage program uses Tableau and it is pretty nice, but it is all dependent on the data source, blood bank can't use it because we can't get access to the database.  We evaluated HC1 and Qlik, we really liked both of them, but couldn't get senior mgmt. to give us the budget for it.  We have an analyst working on writing some reports for us in PowerBI, but I am not holding my breath!

• 6 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, Cliff said:

We will be implementing HC1 soon.  I haven't been involved with the implementation, so I haven't seen it with our data, but the demo I saw a couple of years ago was amazing.

What is HC1?  Can you do PBM, lab test utilization and imaging utilization with it?  Does it interface with Epic so it can create Best Practice Advisories based on your data?  Are you happy with it now?

On 5/31/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mabel Adams said:

What is HC1?  Can you do PBM, lab test utilization and imaging utilization with it?  Does it interface with Epic so it can create Best Practice Advisories based on your data?  Are you happy with it now?

It can likely do all of that.  It can take and HL7 feed, we won't do that though (we're super protective of our data).  We send it a daily feed.

I only got involved in the project in January, they've been working on it for 1.5 years now, very disappointing.

It can definitely give reports on lab test utilization, wasted blood products, CT ratios by physician, inappropriate blood orders.  One super frustrating element is there is only one criterion for blood products.  For instance, RBCs can only have a single criteria, let's say a HgB of 7.  You can say it's a cardiac patient, go to 24.  Active bleeding in the OR, HgB not needed...

We aren't live yet, we'll see if I like it later.