Is there still a good serological centrifuge out there?

Mabel Adams

We have been trying to buy a new serological centrifuge but the Clay Adams is backordered for months.  All of the vendors keep suggesting others that they think will work.  We have already tried a Hettich EBA21 and just can't get it to work as well as the old Clay Adams.  We get different results on titers using the 2 different centrifuges. Cell suspensions that are washed in it end up mixed once the braking stops.  If we set the brake lower, it takes too long to stop.  Is there a good serofuge for sale in the US anymore?  I miss the Immufuges of 1985.   :(

3 hours ago, SMILLER said:

Yeah, but once you had your fingers broken, you are back to not having a brake!

Scott

Ah...but you have to carefully calibrate the use of that finger or fingers. And bare fingers worked better than gloved fingers. Of course, that was before we really had gloves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We just tried to order Serofuges for our student lab, and found out that BD no longer makes the Serofuge.  Does anyone know when they stopped?  What are people doing?  I think we found some sources for the Serofuge 2002--but when those sources dry up, I think we'll have to go to another manufacturer for our student labs.

We use the Hettich and have separate programs set up so only the wash program has the longer break time included. We also have a site that set two wash programs (one for larger cell suspensions and one for cell button only) allowing only one program to be affected by the increased break time. 

On 11/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, Kibs said:

We use the Hettich and have separate programs set up so only the wash program has the longer break time included. We also have a site that set two wash programs (one for larger cell suspensions and one for cell button only) allowing only one program to be affected by the increased break time. 

That's how ours are set up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We just got a brand new Hettich and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program it so that it is easy to switch between 15 seconds and 45 seconds of spin time.  There is a manual with it , but it's so complicated to me that I just can't figure it out.