daratumumab

BES

What is your policy for transfusion after the treatment is completed and the antibody screen is negative, again. Sorry the treatment is Daratumumab.

Edited by BES
missing treatment

Once the interfering drug is gone, we would treat them like a usual patient with a negative antibody screen.  One caveat is that our BBIS won't allow an EXM for any patient who has ever had a positive antibody screen reported.  If we ever reported the initial screen as positive instead of the DTT-treated screen (negative, I hope) we would have to do future XMs by IS rather than EXM.  If we knew the patient would go back on it, I suppose we might give K negative units but most that I have seen go off of it didn't go back on and, frankly, most expired within a few months.  This experience is mostly from the early days when it was only approved as a last resort therapy so now less refractory patients are taking the drug and may have different outcomes.

• 2 weeks later...

We give antigen matched blood during the treatment of Darzelex (Daratumumab) and after treatment Kell negative, if patient typed K negative. I totally agree with the policy of Mabel Adams thread to go back to e-match or IS units after treatment with a negative antibody screen.