Why ABO IgM antibodies persist for life

Hi all.

I acknowledge that most seniors on this platform are aware of this fact. However I thought to share it because I recently attended a 'Training' and this ? could not be answered. I recently read that it's because B-lymphocytes have some receptors that are able to interact with sugar-based antigens without the help of T-helper cells which can directly initiate B-cells production of IgM, and because of lack of the help of the T-helper cells, class switching does not occur. Memory cells are also NOT produced, so antibody production continues only as long as there is antigen exposure.
ABO antibodies are an example of T-independent immune response. The IgM antibodies are directed against the bacteria in the gut but cross-react with A & B antigens on RBCs.

This is especially for the attention of youngies like me. BUT I am expecting the input from the seniors here. Thank you and have a good day. 

Edited by Muhammad Awwal

There are two books that I would recommend upon the subject.  The first is Avent ND, Fundamentals of Biomedical Science, Transfusion and Transplantation Science.  2nd Edition, Oxford University Press 2018 (ISBN: 978-0-19-873573-1), Chapter 1.  The second is Sompayrac L.  How The Immune System Works.  5th Edition, Wiley Blackwell 2012 (ISBN: 978-1-118-99777-2).