GLOCYTE for automated CSF counts

Lisa63heme

I am looking into the GLOCYTE automated analyzer for CSF counts. I am wondering if anyone out there has one and what their thoughts are on the instrument. It is pretty new and I would like to know if those using it have had any issues and if they're happy with their purchase.

Thanks in advance for your input.

• 2 months later...

Unless you are doing a TON of CSF testing it wont make sense.  The analyzer reagents are incredibly expensive.  We calculated that the cost per test would be between 150 and 300 per sample depending on volume! 

Your experience may vary depending on how many samples are run, as well as how often you are running controls. It’s very reliable, especially with sparsely cellular samples, and far more precise than manual counts (lowest linear range of any FDA cleared cell counter on the market). I would recommend that you contact a Sysmex sale representative directly to discuss if it’s the right analyzer for your lab.