DTT for DARA - help!! :)

Hi guys,

I really need some help with setting up the DTT for DARA patients protocol at my hospital. 

1. Which reagent do you use? We prefer the prepared 0.2 M DTT. Which manufacturer do you buy from? 

2. Could I get a peek at your SOP? 

3. Do you use single-use DTT preparations to repeat the antibody screen? Do you instead prepare a bunch each month and preserve in Alsever's solution?

4. Is it ok, to just repeat only the antibody screen and not do the screen and panel? 

5. Any other tips/advice are MUCH appreciated! :)

Sincerely,

Gloria N.

On ‎07‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, ifedajay said:

Hi guys,

I really need some help with setting up the DTT for DARA patients protocol at my hospital. 

1. Which reagent do you use? We prefer the prepared 0.2 M DTT. Which manufacturer do you buy from? 

0.2M DTT purchased from Hemobioscience.

2. Could I get a peek at your SOP? 

I only have a rudimentary one.  I was setting this up when I took a LOA and now my BB does no advanced studies at all.

3. Do you use single-use DTT preparations to repeat the antibody screen? Do you instead prepare a bunch each month and preserve in Alsever's solution?

These patients are very rare.  We do one case at a time. The reagent DTT may be thawed up to 5x.

4. Is it ok, to just repeat only the antibody screen and not do the screen and panel? 

that is up to you and your medical director.

5. Any other tips/advice are MUCH appreciated! :)

Follow the protocol as provided by Hemobioscience.  My experience is that if you do not, you procedure will fail.

Sincerely,

Gloria N.

See my answers in between your questions.