Gold Medal.

Malcolm Needs

I'm very glad you shared this wonderful news with us. We may have never met but you have helped countless people including me in my short time as a member of this forum. I am very excited for you and hope to one day be able to meet you in person. Congratulations! Please don't ever leave this forum, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Nikki

Edited by NicolePCanada

2 hours ago, NicolePCanada said:

I'm very glad you shared this wonderful news with us. We may have never met but you have helped countless people including me in my short time as a member of this forum. I am very excited for you and hope to one day be able to meet you in person. Congratulations! Please don't ever leave this forum, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Nikki

Thank you Nikki, and indeed, THANK YOU to all of you who have written such kind words about an old fool with a hobby called blood group serology!

Congratulations Malcolm!! I would not have found a better definition: an individual for their exceptional and long standing services to the Society and to the practice of blood transfusion in the UK

It is 500% deserved and thanks for being so active on diff. networks... I am constantly learning by reading you posts and I am pretty sure we are several hundreds (at least) in the same situation!

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to post congrats to Malcolm here (did it elsewhere) b/c forum folks may not have seen the blogs about Malcolm on the Canadian Society of Transfusion Medicine site. There are 4 entries: Jan. 15 (2), Feb. 5, Feb. 19. Recommend you start with 'I will remember you: Malcolm Needs': http://www.transfusion.ca/Resources/CSTM-Blog?page=3

Cheers, Pat : PLC website

• Cliff unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, DawnS said:

Congratulations, I have not been on this forum for very long but you have already helped me in many ways. My presentation over Anti-G and its significance in OB patients was a huge success. I was asked to present it again at an university. Thank you for all you help. 

I pleasure entirely, and thank you too.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:42 PM, jnadeau said:

Will you please post a picture receiving the medal - then when I quote you I can show them my reference!  Congrats Malcolm!

Well jnadeau, be it on your head!  You might receive insulting posts from others on the site now!

Unfortunately, the photographs of me actually receiving the gold medal and glass plaque were not of great quality, but this is one taken at the Institute of Biomedical Science soon afterwards.

Even here, my hair and beard look a bit like I have just poked my fingers into an electrical socket, my tie has gone awry and, these days, a wide angle lens is required on all occasions, but here it is in all its glory!

2018-11-01 13.28.27.jpg