Refrigerated Centrifuge for component prep

SRMC BB

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have reached out to them.  They sent a starting point on a different sized centrifuge which was not helpful.   Asked them to let me know what other customers had this centrifuge and what they were doing and I have not heard back.....so we winged it and got it figured out

• 8 months later...

If I need to buy a new refrigerated centrifuge for spinning down units (packing whole blood, removing preservative solution for baby exchanges etc.) does anyone have any recommendations? I want the smallest size that will do the job since we aren't a blood center.  The one vendor I looked at does not list blood products as one of the functions they sell accessories for.

We bought the Rotixa.  We use it for spinning down WB to make FFP in our hospital blood bank.  We aren't a blood center, but we do have our own donor center.  Most of our units are "settled" before packing