Emergency Release of Group A FFP/FP in Meditech

jnadeau

Does anyone know of a dictionary setting in Meditech 5.67 that will allow emergency release of group A FFP/FP?  I've looked in Meditech's "knowledge based" articles but...nothing found.  I don't want to change the blood group settings dictionary - just want to be able to override the pop-up for this blood type and product.  Paper (as in downtime) is the only option I can think of with this old mind - and in an emergency setting that is not ideal.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, cswickard said:

Try the Blood Type setting for Emergency Issue Units prompts.  It says you can define products, etc.  We don't have ours set up that way, but will need to consider it for MTP/ Trauma.

This is how we have it set up.  Works just fine.

Sorry but the "Help" content at the Emergency Issue for Products prompt says that the system references this prompt only if the patient has no current blood type - if the patient has a blood type history that would normally be considered incompatible with group A FFP the system puts a hard stop on it.