giving RhIG to sensitized mom post delivery do prevent rise in titer

We recently had a mom with anti-D deliver and the OB insisted on doing a fetalscreen and giving RhIG.  He said he had an article that giving RhIG was recommended to suppress further increase in the titer.  He was driving when the pathologist phoned him so we never got the reference.  Does anyone know of recent research that recommends this?  I feel like I'm back in 1984.

I would get back to God (Oh, sorry, I meant the OB) and get him to give the reference.

With all the work done by Clarke, Mollison, and the more recent work Urbaniak, all three of whom were professors for good reason, and all three of whose work showed this to be a waste of time, money etc, I have grave doubts that such a citation, by a reliable author/authors, exists (but I will try to contact Stan, because, if he doesn't know, I doubt if anyone else will, just in case).

Reply from Professor Stan Urbaniak.

"Hi Malcolm. This does indeed sound like nonsense. The only work I know of trying to reduce the anti-D titre in women was using oral RhD rbc extract (Biermé et al) and that was shown to useless in a clinical trial. Best wishes Stan - from sunny Mallorca!"