calculations in blood bank

Mollison.  All that info is general.  If you get apheresis plts, they usually have the plt count attached.  I don't know of anyplace that will give you numbers for fibrinogen in each individual unit.  There are standards which the components need to meet (usually 75% of units tested must meet the std criteria). 

On 5/23/2018 at 5:26 PM, David Saikin said:

Mollison.  All that info is general.  If you get apheresis plts, they usually have the plt count attached.  I don't know of anyplace that will give you numbers for fibrinogen in each individual unit.  There are standards which the components need to meet (usually 75% of units tested must meet the std criteria).  

I mean how to calculate them ?

17 hours ago, sherif said:

I mean how to calculate them ?

I don't think there are calculations for what you want.  You have to do the actual counts of cells if you want that data.  I don't know how you would calculate the hgb in a unit of blood other than testing.  YOu can calculate how much plasma you want to give; platelets are known to give an "increment" based on the count in the bag - as long as the patient is not actively using/destroying them.  As I said previously, there are standards that blood components need to meet when they are QC'd.  Units need to be tested - rbcs for hct, plts for count, plasma/cryo for fibrinogen.  Every component is not tested, the vast majority are not.  I think you are seeking info that is not pertinent.

58 minutes ago, David Saikin said:

I don't think there are calculations for what you want.  You have to do the actual counts of cells if you want that data.  I don't know how you would calculate the hgb in a unit of blood other than testing.  YOu can calculate how much plasma you want to give; platelets are known to give an "increment" based on the count in the bag - as long as the patient is not actively using/destroying them.  As I said previously, there are standards that blood components need to meet when they are QC'd.  Units need to be tested - rbcs for hct, plts for count, plasma/cryo for fibrinogen.  Every component is not tested, the vast majority are not.  I think you are seeking info that is not pertinent.

yes i mean for example in CRYO unit if we take a sample to test fibrinogen how to calculate the total amount of fibrinogen in this CRYO unit ?

Take your fibrinogen result and multiply it by the volume of the bag.

x mg/dL  x   dL/100 mL  x vol (in mL) of your cryo  = total mg of product

Someone should correct this if in error, but it seems logical to me.  the dLs and mLs cross each other off leaving only mg/product.

This is pretty basic stoichemistry.  Wouldn't hurt to get a chem book or the AABB Technical Manual.