Feto-maternal Screen Lot to Lot Testing

simret

Yes it is. I use cells from old lot with antisera from new lot and cells from new lot with antisera from old lot. On a different thread I noticed that someone else was using controls from old lot with antisera and indicator cells from new lot, then controls from new lot with antisera and indicator cells from old lot. That is a better method than mine I think. You will need to indicate what acceptable results are - like number of rosettes in the positive controls must match within whatever % or give a range for the number of rosettes expected from the positive control. The negative control should be negative, of course.

How do I know when a lot to lot correlation is needed?  Is there a standard that says a lot to lot is required? If yes what is it? I could not find anything in the AABB standards, CFR, or The Joint Commission. I could have missed it or misinterpreted it. 

On 2/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, tkakin said:

How do I know when a lot to lot correlation is needed?  Is there a standard that says a lot to lot is required? If yes what is it? I could not find anything in the AABB standards, CFR, or The Joint Commission. I could have missed it or misinterpreted it. 

The requirement is from the CAP all common checklist. If a test kit comes with positive and negative controls, lot to lot comparison is required.