Hello from the Windy City

lady_in_a_labcoat75

Yay, i'm soooo excited to be part of this group of blood banking professionals.  I've been a med tech for almost 20 years now. Most of those years as a generalist in bloodbank, chem, heme, micro, but Blood bank is my favorite department.  Did 5 years in supervisory position, changed hospitals where i was a night shift coordinator, i couldn't do that for long.  Now i work days as a blood bank med tech at a very prestigious hospital in the Chicago land area.  Everyday I'm learning here and always excited to come to work.  Looking forward to learning from this group as well.  Thank you!!  :)  :)  

Welcome to this wonderful site lady_in_a_labco...

If you are anything like me, you will become addicted to it, because of the wonderful people on here who are willing to spend time and effort answering questions and sharing their years of experience and knowledge.

I have now officially retired (although I am still working as a locum), so I am pretty old now, but I still learn new things on a regular basis from the people on this site; it is wonderful.