Softbank Emergency Release Group A Plasma During MTP

JLF

I am looking for a Softbank user who dispenses group A plasma during a Massive Transfusion Protocol (regardless of patient blood group). We are being told there is no way to restrict issuing group A plasma by patient type or location. We have a policy approved over a year ago that states we issue group A plasma for MTP but in essence we cannot do this in our computer system if the patient is type unknown or group B or AB. We cannot override and select the products either. The providers want the policy to work as written. I want the same, however, if there are no restrictions in non-emergency situations, the ability to dispense type incompatible products exists. If there is anyone out there who is familiar with Softbank, please respond. I am not familiar with Softbank tables but the other two systems I have helped build have tables that can accomplish this. Our IT folks tell us they are working with Softbank but it has been months. I find it hard to believe there is no other Softbank user already doing this.

We have the interchange table on liquid plasma (never frozen) built to allow emergency issue to all & unknown types.  Our other plasma products require AB for emergent use.  As far as I know, there is no way to restrict by patient location.  We had to do extensive education w/ the bankers on when it is & isn't appropriate to utilize.  Hope that helps!