Automated Antibody Identification

NicolaHT

Hi all, 

We are considering using our IH-1000 analysers to perform all antibody identifications, which we currently do manually. 

Has anyone undertaken this in their laboratory? What kind of validation processes did you cover? I have a million and one questions so just trying to get a feel for it at the moment!

Any thought would be useful

Thank you 

Nic 

28 minutes ago, NicolaBM said:

Hi all, 

We are considering using our IH-1000 analysers to perform all antibody identifications, which we currently do manually. 

Has anyone undertaken this in their laboratory? What kind of validation processes did you cover? I have a million and one questions so just trying to get a feel for it at the moment!

Any thought would be useful

Thank you 

Nic 

Are you ABSOLUTELY certain you actually mean antibody identifications?

I can understand using the machines to set up the panels, and reading the panels; but identifying the antibody specificity(ies)?  I have my doubts.

How, for example, would you expect a machine to differentiate between for example, an anti-C+G or an anti-G on it's own, and an anti-C+D, or an anti-hrB and an anti-C+e, or an anti-hrS and an anti-f (anti-ce), to name but three?

Hi Nicola

Agree with Malcolm. I am sure  I am sure you mean running panel on IH1000.

We run all our panel on IH 1000 and we interpret manually.  To do this we run few known controls such as Weak antiD, Fya, S c ,K and AB serum. We also did few serial dilution for control and run on analyser to see any weak reaction. We also run some known patient to compare the result. We also performed intra comparison with these control to compare the result. We kept reagent on board for 48 hours run and control  to see there is no difference in result after 72 hours because you can keep on board only for 48 hours. And there is no temperature control on analyser. Of course you take part in NEQAS to measure your performance. 

I hope this might be useful

Hi,

Yes I did mean panels, the interpretation would be manual, As aposed to screening. 

Gagpinks, great thank you, those are the kind of things I’m thinking about. I suppose I’m wondering if we’re only keeping reagents on board for 48 hours, as with the ABO and Screening cells, we would then increase the number of panels we require per delivery and as such increase the costs. Or only put the reagents on at the time of need but as a busy laboratory this seems a bit impractical as you’d have to QC every time. 

Hi Nic

According to manufacture instruction you can keep reagent on board for 48 hours. Therefore we did our own validation (according to ISO  if you want to deviate manufacture instruction you need to validate yourself) extent expiry on board. Because we run everyday 10 panel and it's difficult to remove and load reagent again.

So we run daily control which are antiD c and Fya to cover all lines for negative and positive control. And leave reagent on board for 72 hours. By end of 72 hours all reagents will used up.