ABO/RH Confirmation Meditech 6.16

Hello

When entering inventory into Meditech 6.16 (scanning units) How do you get a barcode to test the Donor group. Does Meditech automatically create an order and label that you have to match up with a segment after the labels print. Can you use the RBC unit label? We intend to run the donor confirmation on Biorad IH 1000?

Thanks

Richard

Our system is down at the moment, so can't give you the exact dictionary page, but for the products you wish to retype, you first create an order group that contains the retype group (or profile).  Then in the product dictionary, under Assoc Unit Order Group, you put that order group in the desired field, probably Non-Affiliated Source.  Then when you enter your unit it will create a specimen for the retype.  You cannot use the RBC Unit label, because the testing is on the specimen number.  Hope this helps.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, BankerGirl said:

Our system is down at the moment, so can't give you the exact dictionary page, but for the products you wish to retype, you first create an order group that contains the retype group (or profile).  Then in the product dictionary, under Assoc Unit Order Group, you put that order group in the desired field, probably Non-Affiliated Source.  Then when you enter your unit it will create a specimen for the retype.  You cannot use the RBC Unit label, because the testing is on the specimen number.  Hope this helps.

We don't have this version, but when we scan the DIN barcode (or type U#[unit number] under result entry, the specimen pops in and we can enter the results.  Has this changed in later versions?

22 hours ago, TreeMoss said:

We don't have this version, but when we scan the DIN barcode (or type U#[unit number] under result entry, the specimen pops in and we can enter the results.  Has this changed in later versions?

Nothing has changed for manual result entry (and it must be BU# by the way), but Richard was asking about performing the retype on automation.  This requires a specimen barcode as I mentioned.

Thank you for the replies. We figured out the barcode. 

On a related topic though,  we are told that we have to use the single unit entry when scanning in rbc inventory instead of the batch entry. Seems there are limitations like not being able to scan the phenotype barcode in batch entry.

If anyone cares to comment about limitations of batch entry using 6.16.

Thanks

If you use Batch Enter or even Quick Enter Units, the source of all of the blood units must be the same.  We don't use these functions because we get units from many different ARC Regions in one shipment.  We were burned by someone not noticing the different region on some units and just scanning them all without paying attention.  Then none of the DINs are correct and it was a hassle for me to fix them individually as they were discovered.  If your antigen typing is barcoded, then I am jealous because ours is not.  The Quick Enter Units routine does have an Antigens field, but I don't know if the barcoding would work.  It would be worth testing, however. 

Hi, when I was implementing rather recently (we went LIVE 2/1/17 and I did the entire build) I found an online barcode generator and used that to create the ISBT ABO group labels.  I also photocopied real units in our inventory and used those as TEST units.  Hope this helps.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:29 AM, bldbnkr said:

Hi, when I was implementing rather recently (we went LIVE 2/1/17 and I did the entire build) I found an online barcode generator and used that to create the ISBT ABO group labels.  I also photocopied real units in our inventory and used those as TEST units.  Hope this helps.

Can you share the link to the barcode generator? Thanks!