Platelet linearity on Sysmex

Sbrandt

At our laboratory we use the Sysmex XN-10 (part of the 9000). The stated linearity for platelets is 2-5000x10E3/uL. We generally buy from CAP for linearity/calibration verification material. I noticed that CAP and Streck only went up to about 2000. How do you validate your analyzer to the stated 5000 or have you changed your AMR?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just did my linearity testing on our XN-10. We order our linearity material directly from Sysmex and the ranges are: Level 1- 0-5 Level 2- 1100-2044 and Level 3-5071-6698. I recovered an average of 5744 on one side and 5720 on the other instrument. The manufacturer recommended range is only to 5000 so that is the upper value we are using for our linearity. I hope this helps.

Lisa

The WRP Check from Sysmex extends beyond the stated "linearity" for most parameters.  I recommend that you stop doing periodic reportable range checks--it's not required by CAP anymore unless the analyzer is moved or you are reporting beyond the manufacturer's stated ranges.