Meditech - Hard stop during entry of unit to force documentation of visual inspection

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to force the user to enter a Y or N or comment when entering a component/product into Meditech?

Our documentation stats are not great - and they don't get better month to month even after I follow up with each one individually. :(

s

3 hours ago, AuntiS said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to force the user to enter a Y or N or comment when entering a component/product into Meditech?

Our documentation stats are not great - and they don't get better month to month even after I follow up with each one individually. :(

s

I'm not sure how ours is set up differently, but we have to enter a Y or N on "product integrity OK?".  We can't get past it, like the volumes on FFP or PPH.  I could ask our IT guy if he knows how to make it mandatory.

hmmmm, we don't seem to have that field.  We use Meditech Magic 5.66 (soon to be upgraded to 5.67).

I've worked in another hospital where we entered a comment in the E/E Comment field, but I've haven't been able to figure out how to make it so you can't go by the field without entry.

s

Meditech Screen.PNG

Edited by AuntiS
added screenshot

AuntiS, here's a screen shot of our enter units.  The only difference is at the bottom under date of use.  We have "product integrity OK?" and it is a required field.  My IT guy says he thinks it is an NPR from Meditech. Maybe they have to do it, unless you have an IT guy that knows a lot about Meditech.

598dbdf25c545_erunits.jpg.dce29125c35e91aa0dcb454a82603eb5.jpg

BBK Product Dictionary -- page 3 -- UNIT SCREEN (about 1/3 of the way down the page on the left) -- look up the documentation (Shift+F8).  "Order Screens are customer-defined queries created in the MIS Dictionaries."  When we built our inspection statement, we made it so it would only accept "Y" as an answer -- thus the required inspection.

to save into a Word document, click PrtScn, send to clipboard,  then to put in document, click on spot you want it and right click and paste.  On the popup boxes, if you want whole screen with the pop up, hit PrtScn, then cancel, then to put in document, click on spot you want it and right click and paste.  You'll have to do some trimming then.