Thank You!

Jane12

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:24 AM, Jane12 said:

Hello All,

I passed the test last week. Thanks to all the board members. I learned a lot from all the topics discussed here as well as the educational material.

How was the test? Do you have any  test questions for future takers?

I did not go through online SBB school. Test might have been less difficult if I had the schooling experience. I was certain that I flunked it but, was surprised to see "PASS" . My test had a lots of math & management questions. As far as I can remember,

3 Hardy-Weinberg based problems

2 genetic inheritance based questions

1 about positive predictive value & 1 about specificity

A panel to differentiate in between Anti-D,C & G ; another one about Anti-Fy3; couple of questions about Anti-Ku & Anti-U

My test was pretty hard. It took me at least 1.5 mins to read & understand the question. It was my first attempt  and I did not have time to review. I took all the time just to finish the test. Panels took quite sometime.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, Jane12 said:

I did not go through online SBB school. Test might have been less difficult if I had the schooling experience. I was certain that I flunked it but, was surprised to see "PASS" . My test had a lots of math & management questions. As far as I can remember,

A panel to differentiate in between Anti-D,C & G ; another one about Anti-Fy3; couple of questions about Anti-Ku & Anti-U

My test was pretty hard. It took me at least 1.5 mins to read & understand the question. It was my first attempt  and I did not have time to review. I took all the time just to finish the test. Panels took quite sometime.

Nice work, congrats!

When I was doing my SBB training our reference lab manager/educator had an running bet, she'd buy dinner for any student that took an SBB exam and didn't get a question about anti-D,C and G.  Don't think she has bought anyone dinner yet :) 

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2017 at 1:30 AM, Jane12 said:

Are there any study guides you'd recommend since you didn't attend a SBB program?