Shot in the dark...Judy Tessel

3cardmoe

Hello All,

We currently have a patient in our facility that we've had to send off to our reference lab for an extensive workup. I believe the final say is that the patient is a Dc- and has an allo-anti-e. The family has a very dated piece of paper from 1977 with some phenotyping performed on family members. The technologist who worked it up was a Judy A Tessel, who has many papers published and has been credited for her work in a number of textbooks. On the paper was another name, Ms. S Hines. We are trying to find out where these two may have worked together so that we could reach out to that specific laboratory. We're pretty sure our current patient was involved with the original study done by Tessel.

Anyone familiar with these two? Thanks in advance!

Just a hunch, but have you tried the Mayo Clinic NY, on the grounds that there is a good possibility that samples would have been sent there for confirmation?  These two may not have worked there themselves, but the Mayo may have records of where they worked.  You could also try the IBGRL in the UK for the same reasons (possibly samples sent there too, or possibly request for blood through the International Frozen Blood Bank)?  These are only vague suggestions.

Or maybe this works:

Peter D. Issitt, F.I.M.L.S., M.I.Biol., M.R.C.Path., (Reprints), Director of Laboratories and Associate Professor in Research Surgery; Beverly G. Pavone, MT(ASCP)SBB, Assistant Supervisor of Education, and Research Technologist; Judy A. Tessel, MT(ASCP)SBB, Supervisor, Reference Laboratory, and Maureen A. Carlin, MT(ASCP), Graduate Student; The Paul I. Hoxworth Blood Center of the University of Cincinnati, 3231 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267

•