stainer correlation

nziegler

I always have 2 stainers in operation - Beckmans SMS, and then a benchtop backup. The question has come up regarding whether or not these need to be correlated on a 6 month basis.  Because I live in NYS, and while there currently is no regulation stating we need to do cross-over studies or correlation when we switch lot numbers or manufacturers of toilet paper, I'm sure it's coming. 

So - does anyone else out there with more than 1 stainer perform 6 month correlations between them? We are documenting stain quality on a daily basis.

• 4 years later...

This is an older post; in the 4 hospitals I have worked where more than one stainer was in use, none of them were correlating their stainers.  They all documented daily stain QC and of course stainer maintenance, and that was enough. Stain is a manual method, and I'm not sure how you would actually set up a correlation, much less figure out what you're actually correlating that isn't covered by daily QC.  As long as you are covering your daily stain quality and following your procedure, there should be no reason to correlate.