Siemens Coag Instruments Question

Joseph

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Siemens/Sysmex instruments?  I'm looking at the 1500 vs. the 2500.  Daily volume is about 200 PT, PTT, Fib and D-dimers mixed.  We will soon add Xa.  We have been using Stago for 20 years.  Thanks!

Edited by Joseph

13 hours ago, Joseph said:

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Siemens/Sysmex instruments?  I'm looking at the 1500 vs. the 2500.  Daily volume is about 200 PT, PTT, Fib and D-dimers mixed.  We will soon add Xa.  We have been using Stago for 20 years.  Thanks!

We had the stago compact.  superb instrument..! We replaced it with CA550 Sysmex and have since replace that with the 660 Sysmex. I'm not familiar with the 1500 or the 2500 but we stepped down in my opinion from the stago.  We don't do near the volume you guys do but I feel the 660 would be taxed at that volume of testing..  we don't have allot of problems with the Sysmex but we have had some problems with reagents specifically  Actin a few years ago. 

I have worked with the CA1500 for 12 years now.  It will handle your work load just fine but it is an archaic instrument and the software is horrible.  Just a couple of examples: You have to manually register all your reagents (it comes with a barcode reader but it doesn't work for the reagents).  Also you can only have one lot calibrated at a time so you cannot get the new lot ready when it is convenient (D. Dimer and Xa).   I have always wanted an IL Top, I think they are the best in Coag right now but if you are limited to Siemens I would go with the new CA2500.

17 hours ago, LaurelMae said:

I have worked with the CA1500 for 12 years now.  It will handle your work load just fine but it is an archaic instrument and the software is horrible.  Just a couple of examples: You have to manually register all your reagents (it comes with a barcode reader but it doesn't work for the reagents).  Also you can only have one lot calibrated at a time so you cannot get the new lot ready when it is convenient (D. Dimer and Xa).   I have always wanted an IL Top, I think they are the best in Coag right now but if you are limited to Siemens I would go with the new CA2500.

I was upset when we received our 660 because there is no way to save data so all of our QAP data has to be entered by hand.  Plus what LauraMae said above..

I've used the the CA1500 for about 13 years at multiple different facilities and although it is a work horse with very few issues, the technology is very antiquated. We've been trying to upgrade for a number of years to the 2500 but no luck securing the money yet. If you're looking, don't even look at the CA1500 definitely look at the 2500 or something else. 

• 3 months later...

Worth going for CA 2500, very neat and works like a gem. But I must say, you will probably miss your Stago. We moved from Sysmex to Stago, and although there were some concern and teething issues (mainly the way in which the samples are loaded) we just love how much easier it is to get things calibrated, and reagents have much longer in-use time.