CAP survey data entry

CMCDCHI

We struggle with that also. It varies from computer to computer in our lab. Fortunately the computer on my desk in the lab works quite well ... most of the time. Others in the main lab, not at all. I sometimes end up taking stuff home and doing it there - zero problems. I'm guessing its all about our firewall and the operating system.

I agree, the change was not for the better. I entered a DAT last week and I think it took me 3 times longer than usual. Plus I like to look at all the sheets before I approve to make sure I didn't make a clerical error. It was definitely not a improvement. They need to go back to the way it was!

23 minutes ago, kate murphy said:

I wish CAP would put all 1 specimen results all together, then move on to the next specimen.  Doing all the ABO, then all the Rh, then ABS... THAT'S what causing all the clerical errors I've seen.  We're supposed to test and report just like a patient spec - and that isn't it!

Yes!  The paperwork for the J survey is always a nightmare!  If I could look at one "patient" at a time, that would be great!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2017 at 6:53 AM, mld123 said:

I hated the new format when I entered my DAT survey results over the weekend.  I preferred the PDF file.  I was able to save the results easier after I filed them.

You can still save to a file or print prior to approval.

I'm finding that Firefox doesn't work at all for me, I have to use Explorer. It's a real pain sometimes, though the surveys I resulted out yesterday went smoothly. I agree with everyone wishing for the ability to enter all the results for each sample, then moving to the next sample - much less prone to clerical error than entry bit by bit.