ANTI-a1

KTUCK

3 minutes ago, LIMPER55 said:

Yes

because lis makes us

but we crossmatch type O

What makes you?  If it is your computer programme, I would urge that you change your computer programme so that it only makes you when the anti-A1 genuinely reacts at 37oC (pre-warmed, etc).

A computer in the laboratory is there to aid the staff; not to make things more difficult.

Our Lis does not flag. We rarely seem them. But I'm not even sure the LIS will flag if the donor selected is not O pos. I was curious so I could set up our LIS correctly. We have Soft, I'm not too fond of the Softbank portion of it.

Thanks for you input

For years, we had a policy for determining the 37C reactivity, but we had a lot of generalists rotating through Blood Bank & there was no time to document their competency on a test they might do once in a great while.  So, we went with B for AB and O for A.  We were a small hospital & I determined it was only about 10 extra O units a year.