FFP thawing with no hot water

ElinF

We will be without water in our lab (actually all departments)  for several hours next week for a water valve replacement.  Any hacks on thawing FFP without warm running water?  We usually thaw in a plain 'ole bucket with a thermometer.  I am not a very good thinker out of the box... except for microwaving water and getting it to the correct temp first, I can't think of anything else. 

:)

So I'm guessing you are a really small lab without many resources?

What is your plasma usage? How likely are you to need plasma during the outage?

----You could thaw one or two prior to the outage to have on hand in case they are needed. You'd have up to 5 days to use them. That would give you more time to thaw using cold water if you needed more.

----Ask supplier for liquid plasma for use during outage?

----Is there a water bath anywhere in the lab that you could use?

----Microwave water and keep it in a large thermos would work and then mix with cold water to get temp you need.

To late now but for future..... if you are not a high volume blood bank, Helmer makes a really nice plasma thawer that does 2 units at a time. It's not terribly expensive and has a small footprint. Would be a lot better/safer than a bucket with running water.