Fisherbrand Hemo-Trac

swede

Is anyone using the Fisherbrand Hemo-Trac blood temperature indicators? We are currently using Safe-T-Vu monitors.  We like the 10 C version, but the 6 C are fussy to work with.  The Hemo-Trac indicators look like they would be easy to work with.  Any information would be welcomed!  Thank you!

We just purchased the new Hemo-trac Blood Temp 6 indicators. This seems to be a new product from them.  I have not validated them yet, but the procedure does not indicate that they require activation as Scott has indicated.  These are different then the "flower" hemo-temp II indicators that people have used in the past.  They are stored at room temperature and are activated by pressing on a button on the indicator.  Then it is placed on the unit.  

I will let you know what I think of them after validation.  I am hoping these can replace our Safe-T-Vue 6's.

20 hours ago, NLiveris said:

Digi-Trax offers the BT-10 indicators.  We have a strong, satisfied base of blood bank users and we’d be happy to send you samples.

no thank you.

We are looking at Hemo-Trac indicators and I just wanted feed back on those. 

17 hours ago, mld123 said:

We just purchased the new Hemo-trac Blood Temp 6 indicators. This seems to be a new product from them.  I have not validated them yet, but the procedure does not indicate that they require activation as Scott has indicated.  These are different then the "flower" hemo-temp II indicators that people have used in the past.  They are stored at room temperature and are activated by pressing on a button on the indicator.  Then it is placed on the unit.  

I will let you know what I think of them after validation.  I am hoping these can replace our Safe-T-Vue 6's.

We have been given some to test and we are currently trying them out.  They seem very easy to use. I like that we don't have to activate them in any special way and can store them at room temperature.  I'm hoping they are as easy as they appear.....

We will be using the 6's and 10's.

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, LIMPER55 said:

These indicators are fine for surgery issued units.  The indicators do NOT stay activated.  

We cannot use them on our units stored in the trauma refrigerator--we do not want to keep changing them out.

Thank you, we are unaware that they don't remain activated. How long do they stay activated and how do you know that they are no longer activated? 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, jgutman67 said:

Please take a look at this before you make your indicator decisions. 

http://williamlabs.com/blood-banks/validating-temperature-indicators-the-return-to-refrigerator-challenge/

Yes, we are finding the same thing with our "new" monitors. We are going to stick with Safe-T-Vue.  The Fisherbrand was changing to "out of temp" while the units were still well within acceptable range (this was with the 6.  The 10's were fine).

Thank you for the article!

• 1 month later...