INRA

gagpinks

Hi gagpinks,

INRA is the seventh antigen to be described in the Indian Blood Group System.  It is unlikely to be presented at BBTS per se, but there may be a poster (I don't know).

Whether it is able to cause a HTR or HDFN, as yet, and until there is a formal publication, it is unknown, but antibodies within the Indian Blood Group System tend not to cause HDFN, as the antibodies tend to be adsorbed onto the apical surface of the placenta, rather than pass through the placenta, but they do seem to be capable of causing an HTR.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL REPORTS ON THIS ON WEBSITES.  Each of these appear to vie with the others to report the biggest load of rubbish and should be almost completely ignored.

I strongly suspect that Nicole Thornton will be at BBTS, and she would be able to tell you far more than can I.  If you are going yourself, and you don't know Nicole, just ask anyone to point her out to you (she is the most approachable person you could wish to meet, and a very good friend of mine - so use my name if you wish - and then duck!!!!!!!!!!!).