Manual Capture QC

pbaker

Currently, we use manual Capture when our Neo is down or we need a little faster TAT.  After we record the results on the paper worksheet, we enter the results for each individual patient into our computer system and the paper worksheet is discarded.  Since controls are tested with every run, I am curious as to how others are documenting the control results from paper to computer.  Do you keep all the worksheets?  Do you have a way to enter into the computer (we have Cerner)?

There's a TJC requirement that any manual worksheet be maintained for I think 2 years.  We also have to check all manual worksheet results later to make sure they were properly entered in the computer and keep a record of that check.  i was thinking CAP had a similar rule, but maybe it is just TJC.  

Could you footnote (non-chartable) the control results on the antibody screen for manual testing? We use Cerner PathNet and we document control testing for antigen typing in the non-chartable section.

We Keep manual testing results in a folder with the patients name (as for antibodies) and scan those into a special on-lie folder once every two to three years.