Honoring f ag in WAIHA

Just a question regarding ce (f) ag when dealing with warm autos.  If the patient phenotypes as R1R2 is it prudent to provide c neg rbcs or just go with Rh ag specific?  I have always gone with ag specific but I find the reference lab used by my current assignment recommends "c" neg.  Looking for opinions please.

Thanks in advance.

Oh I see; sorry.

Well, if we have a patient who has made an anti-f (usually an R1R2), we usually say give either R1R1 or R2R2, but, if the patient has an auto-antibody and has not got anti-f, we would recommend just Rh antigen specific, and by that, I mean you could give an R1R2 patient virtually anything in the way of Rh, so I still go with what you say!!! 

We give our R1R2 patients with warm autoantibody whether the warm auto is currently detected or historical with little c or little e negative RBCs whichever is available. Little c negative of course is much easier to find than e.

11 hours ago, WisKnow said:

We give our R1R2 patients with warm autoantibody whether the warm auto is currently detected or historical with little c or little e negative RBCs whichever is available. Little c negative of course is much easier to find than e.

thanks