O neg with Ant-c?

18 hours ago, Barb Thompson said:

The reference lab updated the report and now calls it a warm auto with little c specificity. They also say that c negative blood is not necessary and transfused cells should survive as long as his own.

his hgb is down to 10.7. He is still in house. Still no hematologist on the case.

Barbara

So his Hgb dropped about 5 grams in a week? Yikes!  Is he leaking?

Scott

I'm a little late to the party because my wife and I were on holiday. This post caught my attention because we had an O neg patient with allo-anti-c at our facility in 2015. I've attached a .pdf write up I summarized for our CLS students and any generalist in our laboratory who were interested. This is based on the patient history we could acquire and reports from our reference laboratory and the Blood Center of Wisconsin.

Del Type.pdf

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:03 PM, Barb Thompson said:

The reference lab updated the report and now calls it a warm auto with little c specificity. They also say that c negative blood is not necessary and transfused cells should survive as long as his own.

his hgb is down to 10.7. He is still in house. Still no hematologist on the case.

Barbara

Well I am not going to say I 'like' this - I don't 'like' at all that the haematologists haven't seen him.  Surely there are only 2 possibilities with that level of drop in Hgb - either he is bleeding or he has a true warm auto immune haemolytic anaemia (or both, of course)