Soft vs Mediware HCLL

We are looking for new blood bank system that will be integrated with Epic beaker.  We have looked at Soft as well as HCLL.  Will anyone be willing to share their experiences with either of them?  We will also be buying stem cell software from the vendor we choose.  

thank you

Having been an old HEMOCARE user I looked forward to upgrading to HCLL.  However I felt that the Soft blood bank was a lot more user friendly.  The company also has many many more support staff than all of the BBIS vendors combined (at least if you believe the MLO comparative data.  Both are very good BB systems.  We were going to go with Soft but now we are staying firm with paper.  (No printable comment).

We have SoftBank and Epic.  Prior to November, we had SoftLab as well, but went live with Beaker November 1st in conjunction w/ upgrading SoftBank.  I'm very pleased with SoftBank and the support we received during the upgrade implementation.  We also utilized an outside validation company to help with the process (it was that or hire another FTE).  I would also offer that it is no surprise Epic does not have a BB product.  I was less than thrilled with their process and validation.  I'd be glad to offer more details if needed!

We have used HCLL for about 10 years.  Prior to that we had Mediware's Hemocare product, so I can't compare it to another vendor's product.  As with all computer systems, there are always a few things you'd like to see changed, but overall we really like HCLL.  It does a good job for us!

We didn't have the time or manpower to interface results from HCLL to our hospital computer system 10 years ago, but will be doing that later this year.  We also do not have their stem cell software.

If you have some specific questions, feel free to ask.

• 2 months later...

I looked at both these systems when Hemocare was sunsetted.  HCLL was brand new at the time, and I didn't want to go with something without a track record.  Also Mediware had become a very difficult company to work with.  I favoured Soft at the time, but my Quality Officer really liked SafeTrace, so we went with that.  The Blood Bank manager used HCLL at another hospital.  He said the company was no longer contentious and that they've gotten the bugs fixed for the most part.