Procedure manuals

amym1586

For those of you who still keep paper procedure manuals, I wanted to get some feedback on how your manuals are formatted.

Currently we have a table of contents then a title page for each procedure followed by the procedure/policy.

The title page has the name of the procedure/policy, when and who it was written by,   revised date, who approved it and when.  Then several spots for a review name and date for every 2 years when it needs to be reviewed.   Is this the norm?   Or can someone give me an example of how your manuals are formatted.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, pinktoptube said:

Same format. Just curious Cliff, what do you do when  your computers are down? (I'm assuming the procedure are electronic)

I'm not following about the computer down part, but yes, we do maintain one set of procedures on paper if we have a network downtime, but we also have the SOPs updated locally to several PCs each night.  We can access these PCs even if the network is down.

Our procedures are in MediaLab, available to all techs on line, and also one copy on paper. The format is what Amy described. The actual procedure itself is in a template which includes a title. It is then uploaded to MediaLab. MediaLabs puts all the 'title'/reviewed by/revision date/written by/etc stuff in front of the uploaded procedure, though I choose to put those pages at the end of the procedure instead of first. Works just fine that way without 2 pages of extra stuff before you get to the good part. MediaLab is set up for review every 2 years. I get an email with a to-do list when a procedure is due for review. It gives me a 90 day warning window.

• 1 year later...