Immediate Spin Xm in test tube

Darren

It's been years since I've done test tube blood banking and even then I didn't have to do any sort of daily qc. I'm bringing back the option of running a test tube IS xm to speed up add on units and I don't know if there's any sort of QC required for this. It's patient vs donor. Is there anything to QC daily?

Thanks,

darren

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have the system validated for electronic crossmatch, but the path is a bit timid. I figure I can go to him in three to six months with immediate spin results and say, "Look, all of these would have electronically released and you'd have saved us tons of effort and time."

8 hours ago, Darren said:

I actually have the system validated for electronic crossmatch, but the path is a bit timid. I figure I can go to him in three to six months with immediate spin results and say, "Look, all of these would have electronically released and you'd have saved us tons of effort and time."

And MONEY!  Never under-estimate the power of the budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Darren said:

Having done both crossmatches for years, I can tell you that the IS crossmatch is more susceptible to human and technical error.   IS crossmatch has its place in BB but not for routine everyday testing to get the blood out the door IMO.  And like Malcolm said,  tell him about the money. 

Edited by R1R2