XM GEL AND MEDITECH 5.67

Yes, Magic has BBK history files.  But I don't know about BBK History desktop.  Our BBK history is a separate entry under BB in Meditech.  I did find a place where you can change crossmatch type for a particular patient, but we don't have any options built in there right now.  We'll try to get Meditech to build in the three XM types so I can select XM GEL.  Is C/S more like a Windows setup or is it still DOS looking?

• 1 month later...

My Ortho rep informed me that for a patient with an antibody the immediate spin in a buffer card still needs to be done because the IGG card does not pick up the ABO incompatibility.  So we have both crossmatches in our result field. We will put the immediate spin results in first, then we will replace the IS XM with the extended XM (AHG). 

In Meditech C/S, I created a test called Extended Crossmatch that includes both immediate spin and gel (or tube Coombs). I replace the crossmatch in the BBK History using the       Replace Crossmatch Test with the Extended Crossmatch for all patients with known antibodies. I check for newly identified antibodies regularly. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone in this thread doing computer crossmatch? 

If so, my approach is different in that I use a single crossmatch test that includes individual tests for IgG Gel and Buffered Gel crossmatches.  If patient qualifies for computer crossmatch Medtech C/S 5.67 enters "NP' for both tests and interprets the crossmatch as compatible.  If patient does not qualify for electronic crossmatch, both serological crossmatches (-IgG Gel and Buffered Gel) on ProVue.

27 minutes ago, Dansket said:

Is anyone in this thread doing computer crossmatch? 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WARNING - I'm going to be a PEDANT again!

Nobody on this thread, or any other thread is doing a computer cross-match.  They are either doing a serological cross-match (which can include an "immediate-spin" cross-match, albeit, it is not an "immediate" spin") or they are doing electronic issue.  A computer does NOT perform a cross-match!