Erytra

richj

Hello

Saw a demonstration of the Erytra by Grifols. I believe cards are cheaper and with 8 wells you get more bang for the buck. Thought the instrument had many nice features.

Just looking for any feedback regarding the instrument, cards, reagents etc if anyone has information.

Thanks

We have one Erytra in production and one more coming up within the month.

I can put you in contact with the users. Send me a pm. I do know that they like the reactions on the cards.

Will you be interfacing to your LIS or Blood Bank System?

• 2 weeks later...

Just what are the advantages of an 8-well card.  I saw a picture of a card for ABO/Rh and reverse grouping that had additional wells with anti-A,B and anti-CDE.  Don't see the extra bang for the buck with that card!

@Dansket The theoretical cost savings comes from the use of A/B/D/Ctrl/A/B/D/Ctrl cards for front typing and neutralx8 cards for reverse to do your blood types.

With all of the discussion of Rh discrepancies, I was secretly hoping for a blood type card that included two different anti-D reagents but they don't have anything like that right now.

Edited by goodchild

47 minutes ago, Dansket said:

Just what are the advantages of an 8-well card.  I saw a picture of a card for ABO/Rh and reverse grouping that had additional wells with anti-A,B and anti-CDE.  Don't see the extra bang for the buck with that card!

Good God!  I thought the use of anti-CDE had been more or less universally banned!  If it hasn't been it should be, and in these days, I'm surprised people are still using anti-A,B, as most of these are a mixture of anti-A and anti-B monospecific monoclonal reagents, and those that are not are usually no better than true anti-A,B reagents.

42 minutes ago, goodchild said:

@Dansket The theoretical cost savings comes from the use of A/B/D/Ctrl/A/B/D/Ctrl cards for front typing and neutralx8 cards for reverse to do your blood types.

With all of the discussion of Rh discrepancies, I was secretly hoping for a blood type card that included two different anti-D reagents but they don't have anything like that right now.

In the UK (? Europe ?) you can get such cards goodchild.

The cards I saw at the Erytra demonstration were the ABO/RH (2 D) cards and the 8 well IgG cards.

The ABO/RH cards had A, B, AB, D, D, Ctrl, A1 and B. One of the Ds is to detect Weak D. 

and the 8 wells mean that you can perform 4 -2 cell screens as opposed to 3 . 

• 5 months later...