TAR with Meditech 5.67

No, we have TAR 5.67, but thank you RW00D57 for the info. I might have more questions for you in the future as I am working with nursing to set parameters. Do you have a barcode printer when you thaw plasma or irradiate units? We don't have one currently and I am wondering if it will be required with TAR to scan the expiration date...

We have 5.67 and we use the account number, since that changes with each visit.  The nurses scan the wristband first and then the four (or five) barcodes on the unit.  We have a hematrax to print lower half labels when we thaw plasma or cryo.  We do have to remember to input volunteer donation, as well as the expiration time being the same as the component was made in Meditech, not 2359 as we did previous to TAR, otherwise it won't match Meditech when they scan it.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:23 PM, mollyredone said:

We have 5.67 and we use the account number, since that changes with each visit.  The nurses scan the wristband first and then the four (or five) barcodes on the unit.  We have a hematrax to print lower half labels when we thaw plasma or cryo.  We do have to remember to input volunteer donation, as well as the expiration time being the same as the component was made in Meditech, not 2359 as we did previous to TAR, otherwise it won't match Meditech when they scan it.

Interesting. We have to manually input volumes when we print with Meditech 5.67 but the times are automatic.