Reagent fridge holder

amym1586

A wadge of Blu-tack or something similar?

I notice that it only seems to be the first bottle, so how about a used bottle that is empty, filled with water to make it heavy, but with a sticky label on it that has been "coloured in" with a felt-tip pen so that it is easily distinguishable from a bottle that actually contains grouping reagent or AHG.  I don't expect our friends in Quality will like this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had the same tray for decades! You seem to have lost the frame that holds the tray. But I bet if you propped up the front of your tray somehow (stick-on rubber pads maybe - your clinical engineering dept would probably have something) so that the vials were leaning back slightly on their friends behind them, they wouldn't tip over so easily.

Or leave them in the 10 pack sleeves that they get shipped in.

I liked the idea, though, of a couple of pounds of mercury holding them in place!

Yes, we use strips of foam sheeting that comes between the sleeves of glass tubes we get. It's about a quarter inch thick so I cut it in 1x3 strips or so and fold/roll them. After a while they loose their springy-ness so having it rolled helps.

I like the thicker foam blocks better, but I haven't see anything in our lab packed with that stuff.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2016 at 11:01 AM, amym1586 said:

I like where you're going....brainstorming.

Normally it's a pretty solid Lego affect and before long they are all sideways.

You think they'll let me fill the first bottle of liquid mercury ?

I like the liquid mercury, besides it was fun to play with!!!  It's only bad if you get caught!  :devilish:

Edited by John C. Staley
needed a comma!